Sunday, September 26, 2021

Bus Report #1070

 I'm back on the 33 some mornings, back to work.

The neighborhood is quiet in the mornings, a bit too quiet for me.

I say hi to the New May Wah guys, the Schubert's folks. Wait for the 33 in the dark.

When the bus comes, it's almost empty. No Olga, or Alain, or the mom with the two sons.

Just me and some folks who work at the hospital. 

The other day the fog was thick and grey and heavy and when we hit the hairpin turn onto Market the city below us was completely obscured. Rare. Beautiful.

The Castro, empty.

The Mission, quiet.

On the corner, the ever present competing tamale sellers. Sitting on their chairs, their carts of cloth-wrapped, steaming tamales calling to me  - but I don't get out. I stay on the bus, hop out on Potrero as usual. 

Say hi to the folks at the garage, at UPS.

The 22, sometimes the 55 whiz by as I walk.

The 10? Not yet back in service, but hopefully soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger bagpuss said...

It's good to see you posting again. ;-)

6:15 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks! It feels good, I have to say!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home