Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bus Report #683

It was old home day on the 2 Clement the other night.

I saw the friendly Texan, the well-dressed older woman who works somewhere near me, my nutjob neighbor, the girl with the Penguin Books tote bag (the bag is great, even greater is that she is always reading something good, and it makes me want to say something to her about her choices, but I never do), the man who always has a bag of Peet's Coffee with him, and several other neighborhood people I hadn't seen in a while.

I said hi to the friendly Texan, hi to the well-dressed older woman. My nutty neighbor just stared at me with a concerned look in her eyes.

In the back of the bus, four people stared down at their phones, oblivious to what was going on around them.
The girl with the Penguin Books bag was reading a vintage copy of Ulysses. The man with the Peet's Coffee was reading a library book, but I couldn't see the title.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home