Thursday, January 23, 2020

Bus Report #1055

Yesterday afternoon I left work a few minutes late, since I wasn't in a rush to get over to Divisadero. I turned the corner and saw Stephan roll down the street. No problem, I would catch the next one.

But no. He opened the window and gestured for me to come on, and he idled the bus for me.
Which I appreciated, of course.
I ran down the block and across the street, got on and thanked him and went to sit down, aware that the other commuters were eyeing me as I walked down the aisle.

I sat down between two young guys in grey zip-up sweatshirts who were unhappy to have to move their backpacks. The girl across the aisle looked up and smirked, winked at me. I grinned right back at her.

This morning was quiet and dark as I walked down to catch the bus. Greeted the older, slightly bowlegged man I see most days, and then said hi to the bakery owner.
I waited for the 33 by myself today. No Jeannine, Alain or Olga.

The bus arrived a moment later, and we were on our way.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home