Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Bus Report #1051

Several damp days in a row, bundled in my coat and the scarf from Olga.
It is worth it, though, when she sees me wearing the scarf. She nods, smiles, points.
"Is good. You not cold," she says.

This morning neither of us could remember what day it was.
"Is today Tuesday?" Olga asked as we waited for the 33 this morning.
I thought about it for a moment. "Yes," I said. "Yes, I think it is."
Then the bus appeared around the corner.
"Is three three," Olga said, nodding. "Not trolley bus."
And as always, she was right.


It is that most lovely time of year, when the cable cars are garlanded, dogs on Muni are wearing festive sweaters, and this Jewish lady can just sit back and watch it all. I like the lights and the trees, the coziness of a damp and foggy day.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home