Monday, June 06, 2022

Bus Report #1079

 Waiting for the bus at Masonic I saw a group of Muni drivers hanging out in front of the transit center. I squinted to see if I knew any of them - I've been missing seeing a few of my favorite drivers - and caught the very familiar eyes of an old friend. It was Leon!

We were both wearing masks but I waved and said, "It's you! I've been wondering where you were!"
He smiled, I could tell from the way his eyes crinkled up at the corners. He jogged over and we hugged, laughing and each saying, "I've been looking for you!"

When we parted, he said, "I'm driving the 30 now, mostly, but when I was on the 22 I would look for you."

I said, "I'm mostly on the 33 these days."

We chatted a little longer and then he had to go. Had to get back to a seminar.

"I'll come see you one of these days," I said.

"You do that," he replied, waving as he went back inside. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home