Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bus Report #545

This morning I took the 44 O'Shaughnessy out to the Sunset Farmer's Market. Not only was the bus on time, but it was fairly empty. A pleasure to ride, and it's not often I can say that about the 44!
I meet the Teacher's Pet and we hit the farmer's market... Despite the rain there were a lot of people there, and lots of good things to eat.
I got cider from the cider girl (hooray! Fog City Notes loves cider season!) and some amazing corn blueberry muffins from Arizmendi.
We talked to the soap vendors for a bit (their soap is beautiful and smells great), then finished our shopping and I went home.
I should have been studying this afternoon, but rainy days are good for going to the movies, so I went to catch the matinee at the Bridge.
I caught a crowded 38 Geary and walked to the back of the bus. A guy I know from my volunteer gig was sitting nearby so we got to talking, at least until this crazy guy pushed his way back, loudly talking to himself. The crazy guy held on to the poles and pulled his body up like a gymnast, so he could use his legs to violently shove open the escape hatch in the ceiling. Still muttering, he said, loudly, "I'm gonna be counting some money so nobody better talk. You hear? You better shut up."
He was talking to me and my colleague, but too damn bad, it's a public bus, and we're gonna talk. So we did, even though the freak kept muttering that he was going to 'shut us up'.
I jumped out at Spruce, hoped my friend would be okay for the rest of his ride.
A man with sunglasses and a backpack was walking next to me. He shook his head.
"That guy, man," he said.
"I know, I can't believe the driver didn't put him out," I said.
"Well, who knows, I'm just glad we're not on that bus anymore."
We parted ways at the corner.
The Bridge was packed. The film that's showing now is exclusively playing at the Bridge. It is the only theater in the US showing this film, so I bet it will be packed the rest of the run.
If you like foreign films, fisherman, Peru, ghosts, gay-straight love triangles (well, kind of, not really), beautiful coastal scenery and independent movie theaters, then go see Undertow. It was pretty good. And the Spanish was easy to understand, if you're like me and don't always want to read subtitles.
Again, it's exclusively playing at our own Bridge Theater, so don't be afraid, come out to the Richmond to see it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home