Monday, March 04, 2013

Bus Report #734

I left work a few minutes later than usual, and as I got to the corner of 17th and Carolina I saw the 22 about to sail past me. No big deal, I would catch the next one.
Instead, the driver slowed down and gestured for me to get on.
I shook my head, "Nah, it's okay, but thanks," and waved him on - I wasn't in a hurry and knew the next bus would be along in a couple minutes, and that the driver would probably be my favorite driver, he of the dark glasses and the cap.
The driver mouthed, "You sure?" and I nodded, and waved, and called back, "thanks!"

Five minutes later another 22 pulled up and sure enough, my be-hatted driver grinned widely as he opened the door. "How are you today, honey?" he asked as I stepped inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home