Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Bus Report #779

Last night on the 22 Fillmore, I sat squeezed into the window seat beside a man who works down the street from me. He always wears a leather fedora and a long leather coat, tie-dye shirts with vaguely Central American Indian hand-knit pullovers on top, the sweaters stretched precariously over his belly. He favors bell-bottom jeans and earth shoes.

Our bus rolled slowly down 16th Street. Right before we hit 16th and Mission, a Two Gallants song came on my ipod - their song 16th St. Dozens. A strange synchronicity, but appreciated.

In the front of the bus I caught sight of a familiar gold-hued paperback book - Jhumpa Lahiri's debut collection, Interpreter of Maladies. Such a wonderful book, I hope the reader enjoys it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home