Friday, September 18, 2015

Bus Report #890

This morning our usual driver was training a new driver. The new guy drove slowly, while the usual driver leaned over to share tips and techniques.

In the Haight, by the McDonald's, a group of dodgy guys stood clustered around a fleet of (probably) stolen bikes and bike parts.
As we idled in the stop for a moment to let passengers on and off, one of the men grabbed a spray can and promptly began to tag the bus.

A young man sitting in the back of the bus called to the driver, "Hey, this guy is spray painting the bus!"

Our usual driver started to walk back to see what was going on, but by then the sprayer had retreated to the sidewalk and put away his cans.

Our usual driver urged his trainee to close the doors and keep going, and we rolled along.


2 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

I don't why. I just don't have an explanation, but this particular entry is clearly one my favorite entries of this blog. I been finding myself reading it daily since it was first published and every time since, I simply find myself always being amused by this specific incident on the bus.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks so much, Randy!
I really appreciate that you like this entry.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home