Friday, January 18, 2019

Bus Report #1022

I left the office a few minutes later than normal last night. As I turned the corner onto 17th, I saw my usual afternoon driver - I call him Kevin but that's not his name - and my usual bus.
I waved, figured I'd catch the next one.
But Kevin stopped the bus and gestured for me to hurry and get in.
I jogged across the street and got on, thanked him profusely.

At Hayes I caught sight of the tree that had come down the other night in the storm, huge limbs torn off and everything still piled in the street, covered with caution tape.

Down the hill by the church at McAllister, another tree hanging heavily over the church fence.
Those ficus trees, they do not do well in bad weather.

2 Comments:

Blogger Civic Center said...

Faux Kevin sounds like a dreamboat. And I like your description of Muni and wild storms. Worked from home on Wednesday, but Thursday morning I took Caltrain to work and just as I jumped off Muni and got into the station, a rain cell exploded and the precipitation was wilder than anything I've experienced in San Francisco since the 1982-83 floods where it rained like that for four days rather than the five minutes on Thursday.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh yes, I remember that, I was just getting into the doorway of my office when that happened! Crazy.
The rest of our office crew got totally drenched, I was only partially drenched...

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home