Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Bus Report #1056

Be kind to your Muni drivers, friends.

Monday night around 8:15 pm I waited for the 33 after visiting C. and meeting her new kitten, A. - I recommend other people's cats, as they are fun, but you don't have to commit to taking care of them.

An empty 33 pulled up and I got on, said hi and thanks to the driver as you do.

As I walked back to my seat the driver looked at me in the mirror and said, "You know, you're the first adult to say 'thanks' to me all day. And to be friendly."

"That's awful," I told him. "I'm sorry to hear that. What's wrong with people?"
He just shrugged. "I like the little kids, though. They always say hi and talk to me and say thanks. It's
cute."

"Well, I hope you have a great rest of your shift," I said.
"I like your attitude, yeah," he replied.

It was a quiet ride that night, and we got to my stop faster than I'd expected.
I thanked him again and waved.
"Good night and god bless," he said.

A little sweetness, folks. That's all.

Last night I was late leaving for the bus after work, again. Ah well. It was a nice evening and I was in no rush. I walked down the block and turned to head towards the bus stop when once again, Stephan stopped the bus near the corner and gestured for me to hurry on. So I did.
"Thank you thank you," I said, tagging my Clipper Card.
He just smiled. "You're welcome, you're welcome," he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home