Sunday, November 13, 2022

Bus Report #1086

 This afternoon I took the bus down to the garden to see how things were looking. Luckily the rain hadn't killed plants like I thought it might. Instead, the peas have decided to start climbing the tomato cages I've been trying to coax them up for weeks. The spinach, still small, but hey, better than being dead!

Rutabegas and carrot sprouts keep popping up, who knows if they will grow into things we can eat, but I hope they will.

After giving everything a good soak I headed out to the bus stop to catch the 7.

The 6 appeared first, and I shook my head so he didn't need to stop, but the driver just grinned and waved, and slowed the bus. It was Roman, a driver I've known for years. Last time I saw him he was driving the 22 but I guess he's switched over to the 6.

He opened the door and called out, "Hey, great to see you. You don't want to ride with us?"

I laughed. "Sorry, but I need the 7. Another time!"

He shook his head. "Have a great day," he said.

I waved. "You too. See you soon!"

He drove off. A moment later, the 7 pulled in to the stop and I got on, rode the rest of the way out to the Sunset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home