Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bus Report #426

Is this a bad omen? On my way to the bus this morning I walked by a cat sleeping on the sidewalk. Only, I don't think it was asleep. Someone is going to have a very, very sad day today.

At Fillmore the only other people waiting in the bus stop were a trio of junkies/crackheads/chronic homeless or else just very severely damaged people. One man had plastic bags tied to his feet and no teeth and he keened back and forth on the bench. The woman stood perfectly still right next to him and didn't say a word. The other man smoked a cigarette, then ran into the street and either had a spasm of some kind, or a seizure. He ran back to the bench and sat down.
They tried to get my attention and sell me transfers, but I ignored them.
It was too early.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Eeek, my coworker saw that cat this morning too. =(

4:07 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh you gotta love San Francisco. I find myself saying that while taking a deep breath and then getting onto the muni every day. I love your blog and you do us locals proud. Just found you because tangobaby told me to stop by...Happy almost weekend sweetie!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks Laura! I wish I had found out who you were before Riders With Drinks and I would have come over to say hi...I like your Cable Car Confessions quite a bit!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home