Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bus Report #581

This morning the traffic reports mentioned a fatal accident at Geary and Arguello, necessitating bus reroutes for the 33 and the 38.
So close to home, I thought, and so sad. Because fatal is fatal no matter what happened.
I walked out to catch the 38 a few minutes early. I wanted to make sure if the reroute was causing delays that it wouldn't be a problem for me.
The bus came on time and we booked it down an eerily silent Geary.
At Third Ave. I could see the flashing lights of police cars up ahead. They had Arguello Our bus took a right on Third, Left on Anza, Right on Stanyan.
Everyone tried to see what was going on, but the street was quiet and empty two blocks from the accident.
We kept going.

2 Comments:

Anonymous S said...

yep. heard the airlift really early and then all the news choppers around 5am. There is still glass everywhere.

wee one came screaming into my room saying the monsters were attacking. the choppers caused night terrors. Damn news choppers.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Terrible! Hope the little guy managed a little sleep after all that.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home