Thursday, February 25, 2016

Bus Report #909

This morning, as I walked to the bus, I was startled by a man standing absolutely still in the middle of the Radio Shack on Clement. It was so quiet that I could hear the buzzing of the Shack's neon lights, and then I saw the man, standing next to a display of headphones. How bizarre. Was he an employee? Overnight cleaner? Had I just busted a thief?

A second look explained everything - it was a life-size cardboard cut-out of a celebrity who has taken to hawking headphones at the Shack.

I kept walking.

Further on, the open door that leads to the wetsuit landing was open, but no wetsuits in sight.

The bus arrived on time, our usual driver training a new driver.

As we made our way down Arguello to Stanyan and then down Haight, climbing up, up the hill, the light became brighter and brighter until I had to rummage through my bag for my sunglasses.

A man who always wears a watch cap got on the bus, hatless for the first time ever. He was bald. I never would have guessed, since he has quite an impressive and bushy beard. I wanted to introduce him to the giant genie so they could share beard-and-bald-head-care tips.

In the Castro, there were four different people walking four different, utterly adorable French Bulldogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home