Saturday, January 28, 2017

Bus Report #956

Last night I took the 22 Fillmore to the 9 San Bruno, to meet S. downtown for one last drinks and dinner session at Lefty O'Doul's.

The 9 was not crowded. I sat in the back with a couple of quiet bearded men who spent the whole ride on their phones, a pasty woman in a Giants sweatshirt, a happy drunk man, and his friend, wearing a black and gold 'Straight Outta San Francisco' hoodie. I liked his sweatshirt a lot - so much so I almost told him.

His friend was swigging from a bottle of Hennessy and the two of them were laughing and joking about girls, the cops, their weekend plans, and who had spent more time in the drunk tank.

They were funny. Loud and unavoidable but they were funny. The woman in the Giants sweatshirt snorted loudly and they started filming her on their phone - Facebook Live style.

The three of them joked and the drunk friend started hanging the bottle of Hennessy out the window, trying to get the drivers to notice him. He yelled for everyone to get drunk. "It's Friday, everyone get drunk! Get drunk! Get drunk!"

I couldn't help giggling.

The drunk friend started yelling that he liked girls with good paying jobs - "They bring the bread, and give the head!" and his friend laughed, and the woman laughed, and I couldn't help laughing, too. He fed off our glee and began chanting this, much to the chagrin of a couple women sitting towards the front of the bus.

They were still filming each other. Straight Outta San Francisco told the woman, "Yo, you're famous now, you're live on Facebook."

The drunk friend must have heard me giggle. He said, "Hey, hey lady, I hope you're not offended or anything."

"Not at all," I said. "I've got no problem with it."

The two of them howled with laughter. Straight Outta San Francisco zoomed his phone in my direction, said, "You're on Live now too!"

The woman got out at Taylor and Market. The guys called after her, asking for her Facebook name, but she just smiled and kept walking.

The bus slowed into my stop, which was apparently theirs, too. 

The drunk friend said, "Hey hope you don't mind but you gonna be totally famous now, you on YouTube and Facebook!"

I just shrugged. "Doesn't matter to me," I said. "I probably won't ever see it."

"It's gonna go viral," he said. "You'll see. We gonna be famous."

"Then I guess people will be coming up to me on the sidewalk, huh?" I said.

The guys just laughed.

"Seriously, though, hope you don't mind," said Straight Outta San Francisco.

I just shook my head. "No worries," I told them. "You guys have a good night."

"You, too," said Straight Outta San Francisco. His drunk friend just laughed.

I didn't tell the guys they were going to be famous too - famous to us, famous here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...


think i'm sold on the women with well paying jobs.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Haha, Solo! I hope you have/can find one!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home