Monday, August 20, 2018

Bus Report #1005

Was I early for the bus this morning or was the bus late? The jury is still out.

A woman ran for the bus at Arguello. She dumped her stuff into one of the double seats and proceeded to spray some kind of noxious smelling body spray (or was it hand sanitizer?) everywhere.
I coughed, opened the windows near my seat.
She got out at Hayes.
Really, lady? You can't wait to... what? Over spray yourself? Disinfect? Until you get to work? Awesome. Really.

It was the first day of school for San Francisco kids. Lots of new outfits and backpacks, moms and dads walking with their kindergartners. Sweet. The older kids walked in twos and threes, caught up with each other after the summer break.

This afternoon on the bus, two middle school boys spent the duration of their ride flipping through their homework packets and sharing handouts. They even twirled their pencils - I didn't even know kids still used pencils. The boys looked excited. I hope they stay that way.

Mission and 16th, the usual bunch of folks hanging out in the plaza. I caught sight of the extra large, fat, Jeremy Novy Koi fish stenciled on the sidewalk. I love his happy, colorful fish.

On the bus for a few blocks, a little girl I often see with her mom, little brother and little sister. She wore a huge new backpack featuring a Disney princess. She was bubbly, animated. When they got out to go pick up the little sister, I saw that she'd put on a headband - a pink, white and gold unicorn horn.

Crowded 38R. Lots of people on their phones. Inexplicably, the heat was on. I opened the windows and turned up the volume on my headphones. Have you heard Dessa yet? I highly recommend her.

I got out at Arguello and Geary. Back in the fog and the mist. Ahhh. My favorite. I buttoned my coat and slipped my sunglasses into my pocket. Walked the rest of the way home. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home