Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Bus Report #1035

Yesterday morning I went to Safeway in the morning, in the rain.
Emerged with a container of milk and an ice cream cake for an office birthday, too ungainly for me to carry the rest of the way to work.
I crossed the street and got on a 22 Fillmore - one operator instructing another new guy about the route.
"Hey, hey, it's been a while," said the instructing operator as I got on. It was James, who used to drive the 33 in the mornings.
I smiled and said, "How's it going?"
We chatted in between his instructions to the new driver.
I hopped out at Connecticut and hoped they both had a good day. As I turned the corner, another 22 Fillmore pulled up, this one piloted by a waving and honking Leon.

In the afternoon Keith helmed our 22 Fillmore - no nonsense as people shoved in, blocking the doors, everyone else just generally being weird or creepy or both. My seatmate had been drinking and he kept dozing off, the weight of his body sagging against me. I didn't mind until we were going down a hill and gravity pushed him right up close, tight to my side.

Across from us sat a man I see from time to time, vacant eyes, open mouth, trying to sell people drawings he made with sharpies on regular copier paper. No takers.

Geary and we missed the 38R, no big deal, the Hemulen was at the wheel of the 38 right behind it.

I was back in the neighborhood 20 minutes later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home