Friday, January 31, 2020

Bus Report #1057

Dense, dense fog this morning, so thick it moved down the street in wide, fat ribbons.

I could barely see Andrew and his dog until they were right in front of me. We chatted a moment, and then walked on.

I waited for the bus with Jeannine, and we talked some more about cooking classes and how much we were both ready for the weekend.

The bus arrived, our driver new, friendly. She greeted everyone who got on throughout the commute, and said goodbye as each passenger disembarked. I like her.

At Dolores Park the lights were on and people were playing tennis even though the fog still obscured everything. How could the tennis players see each other? It was a mystery.
Dolores Park Cafe looked cozy today. The place was brightly lit, the windows a bit steamed up.
The special on the chalkboard was french toast and I almost went for it, but didn't. Their new-ish artwork is really lovely. I have to check it out one of these days.

They're installing traffic lights in a few places along 16th. While it might add a little time to my commute, I'm glad. Safety first, and all that.

Walked past the garage and said hey to the guys working there. The younger one was eating but raised his coffee cup in reply. I wished them a good weekend and walked the rest of the way to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home