Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Bus Report #1090

 Saturday morning I rode the 44 to the 7, then hopped off to check on my garden plot.

The sun was shining, the garden was quiet and golden and beautiful, and my peas were ready for some urban farming micro harvesting, to the tune of a dozen or so fat, juicy, cold peapods. 

I'd forgotten to bring a bag but had a clean and unused handkerchief in my coat pocket (since I am very much my father's daughter) and I carefully tied the peas into a little bundle.

Three minutes to catch a 7 heading outbound so I masked up, put on my headphones and waited at the corner with a man and his very large dog.

I got into the bus through the back door, wanting to bypass the dog, and sat down.

A moment later, a familiar figure was standing in front of me, Michael!

We hugged and he said, "We saw you getting in but you didn't see us."

I joined him and Austin in the front of the bus and rode up to the Haight with them for some thrift shopping and a walk. It was utterly delightful - a beautifully clear day in the city, and we walked into Golden Gate Park and up JFK, blissfully car free.

Past the roller skaters living it up, past a new little free library, three Doggie Diner heads, and the oddly shuttered Conservatory of Flowers.

We parted ways before the De Young.

I realized as I walked home that it has been a while since I bumped into friends on Muni. It felt good. It felt normal.

 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nice, you're meeting up with friends from the bus!

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home