Sunday, February 11, 2024

Bus Report #1093

 Today was gorgeous and we deserve it, after all the rain and the wind and the cold of the past weeks.

In this part of town there's an overlap of people dressed in beautiful red for Lunar New Year, and people dressed in beautiful red for today's Super Bowl.

All up and down Clement, a sea of red and gold - people walking to parties for both occasions, stopping at the markets for beers or oranges.

On the way to the Farmer's Market I meet one of my favorite people - Carmen, my longtime friend from the 22 Fillmore. I've seen her twice this year which is twice more than I saw her all last year. And she's still just lovely. We hugged and chatted in the middle of Clement as we do, catching up quickly so she could join her family for Super Bowl festivities.

At the edge of the Farmer's Market, a couple in wedding outfits (suit for him, white wedding gown for her) having their wedding photos taken with Clement as their background. Delightful.

E. and I took a long walk, stopped for fresh veg in the market and dim sum at Gourmet Dim Sum.

The 'doom loop' has skipped Clement, I am happy to report.

People everywhere, queues at the shops, Super Bowl and Valentine's balloon sculptures in front of Sparky's, too many dogs and more flowers and citrus spilling from shop fronts than anyone could possibly go home with.

You look great, Carmen said, just before we parted. 

I thanked her and said the same, which was true, she always looks great but more than that she looked so happy. She laughed and said it was almost her birthday.

I wished her a happy one, and went on my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home