Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bus Report #427

Big thanks to everyone who made it to Friday's Riders With Drinks event! I hope you were entertained and enjoyed yourself, and were able to make it to the bar at some point (was that crazy, or what?). It had a great turn out and I loved every one of the acts, so good job everyone!
It was nice to catch up with a few people I haven't seen in a while, too. So thanks, Muni Diaries, Fog City Notes loves you.

On my way to the event I was on a 33 Stanyan bus that seemed to embody that which is Muni pretty perfectly.
Our bus had the suits with briefcases on their way home from work, the cranky crazy people lamenting the invention and usage of cell phones, the Upper Haight street rat with his pit bull, who he let sit on the seat next to him, which happened to be right behind me (ew!) and the locals and tourists on their way to the Castro and Mission for the evening. I sat next to one of the suits. We commiserated about how slow the 33 is. He said he also rides the 37, to which I replied, "That's a shame."

Yesterday I was on a 44 O'Shaughnessy with M. and our driver overshot the turn onto Tea Garden Drive. He had to carefully and slowly back up and make the turn. The tourist dad sitting near us explained the situation to his tourist son. It was pretty funny, all told.

As I waited for the bus in the morning, an older gentleman almost got hit in the head by another elderly gentleman's heavy backpack. We exchanged rolls of the eyes and grins.
"Try explaining that to the insurance company," the older gentleman said to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger tangobaby said...

It sounded like so much fun... I hope they'll have another event! Thanks for the fun update. Yeah, what is with that 33 anyway?

5:47 PM  
Anonymous fergus said...

33 bus has a lot of turns to make.It also as that crazy turn to make at the top of market to Clayton. The crosstown buses and lines that go up the winding hills are slowest

7:05 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yeah, the crazy turns on the 33. I do love the one on Clayton and Market. It makes the tourists freak out every time!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home