Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bus Report #477

The rain was really coming down this morning, but I only got a little wet, and that was on the bus. The usual culprit on Muni on a rainy day: people shaking out their umbrellas with no regard to anyone else. Ah, well.
I rode down to Fillmore in relative silence, listening to a sad episode of This American Life. At Fillmore I stood under the overhang with a woman who was reading a paperback book, the kindly older nurse and a couple of the annoying and pushy construction guys (who shook off their umbrellas right next to me, no shocker there!)
The bus came and the driver pulled up right in front of me. I got in and was happy to see Carmen in our usual seat, for the second morning in a row.
"Que tal?" she asked me, as we both hurriedly put away our headphones.
We chatted and she said she was glad her bus was late this morning so that we could sit and talk with each other. I was glad, too. It was warm in the bus even though the floors were wet and everyone looked bedraggled and half-drowned. Carmen got off at her usual stop and I rode the rest of the way down 16th to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

Were you listening to this week's episode, "Rest in Peace"? It was a little sad. Or a lot sad. I'm DYING to know that guy's conspiracy theory about who killed his mother, though.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yep, that's exactly what I was listening to. And I had the same thought you did, about the conspiracy theory! That guy seemed pretty strange to me, though I suppose he has good reason.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home