Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bus Report #556

I got on a crowded 38 Geary bus last night on my way home. After working my way to the back, I spotted an empty window seat. I smiled at the man in the aisle seat. "May I sit there?" I asked, pointing to the cluster of small plastic bags inhabiting the seat.
The man immediately stood up. He gestured that I should take his seat. I was confused.
"Are you sure?" I asked.
He nodded.
"Thanks," I said, still a little baffled. I pointed at the dim sum. "Anything I should be eating right now?" I joked.
He didn't respond.
So I sat in the aisle seat, the dim sum sat in the window seat, and the man stood next to me, holding on to the pole over his head.
When the bus got to his stop, I carefully handed him his bags and he got out.
I had a sudden craving for dim sum, but I didn't act on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home