Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Bus Report #753

So far this week, I am not in love with Muni's "Summer Schedule".
What? You haven't heard about it? I am not surprised. The schedule announcement is buried on the SFMTA website, in the news section. If not for our friends at Muni Diaries, I would probably be wondering why the 22 is off schedule, even more than usual.
Basically, SFMTA decided to give several lines amended schedules for the summer. They claim that ridership is down on those lines, but I don't believe it. The 22 is always packed, same for the 14. I don't ride most of the other lines, but I'd put them in the same category as the 22 and the 14.
Nuts!
So the 22 is on an amended schedule during morning and evening commute time. I don't get it, I really don't.
I left my apartment 10 minutes early yesterday, and got down to work 20 minutes later than usual. The bulk of the riders I see during my commutes work in the summer, just like I do. I am sure they don't love the schedule change, either.
Sigh.
One fellow passenger who rides the 22 with me most mornings shook her head and said, "I don't know, maybe I have my husband drive me tomorrow."
Instead, she was waiting at the McAllister stop when our bus arrived this morning, both of us having left home even earlier than usual to catch an earlier bus.




1 Comments:

Anonymous Holley said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home