Friday, August 30, 2019

Bus Report #1039

School is back in session which means the teachers are back on the bus.

The Frenchman was at the bus stop this morning. New haircut, close shave, whiter than white button down shirt and a new backpack. We caught up on our summers, mine here, his in France.
After hearing about everything, I said, "Well, life is an adventure."
He laughed. "I forgot how you always say such American things. So optimistic!"
I had to laugh, too.
Today was his first day back at school. "Parents are already emailing me," he said, shaking his head. "And I have not even met them yet."

The giant genie is back, too. Still giant, still performing his hypnotic morning routine. Lotion, dandy comb, beard oil. Sugar substitute added to steaming coffee. Tupperware full of oatmeal for an on the go breakfast. As he got out at Mission, I noticed his nails are painted a lovely aquamarine.

I walked the rest of the way to work, skirting the construction on 16th.

Leon zoomed by in his 22 Fillmore bus and we waved to each other.

Have a good weekend, my friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger xomls said...

Hey, just wanted to say that I'm glad you're back to blogging. I really enjoy your posts -- I think about them when I'm on Muni! I live in the southeast part of the city and I usually bike to work (downtown) but I sometimes take the 8AX, 9R, 44, 24, and/or 23; I avoid the T because it's so unreliable.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks so much, xomls!
I appreciate your note.
Biking to work is great - I know a lot of people who do it - but it is not for me.
The T is horrendous, but I do like the 8AX, 44 and 24.
Thanks for reading!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home