Thursday, May 19, 2005

Bus Report #69

Not much to report on the public transit front. MUNI made the Bay Area section today with a story of a driver ‘going postal’ (their phrase, not mine) on a disabled passenger. Yeah, color me surprised.
The MBTA (Boston transit system) is phasing out tokens in favor of a new transit card they are calling the Charlie Card (Have you ever heard the story bout a man named Charlie who was riding on the MTA?) I guess M. won’t be able to scam the T anymore by feeding the machines Cordobas instead of tokens. Whatever will she do with all her Cordobas? Actually save them to spend on ice creams and copies of La Prensa in Nicaragua? Only M. can say for sure.
Maybe I’ll see Carmen on the bus in the morning. Maybe something interesting will happen sometime soon. In the meantime, I have weekend house guests to enjoy and plan to wallow in some nostalgia if I get really bored tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Squirll said...

he's the man who never returned. right?

8:42 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yes. Instead of giving him trolley fare his wife always gave him a sandwich! what was she thinking!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never use cordobas instead of tokens. I use them as the extra quarter when I need exact change for $1.25.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home