Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Bus Report #136

Yesterday's Commute, Part II

Last night I wanted to go downtown, in the interest of birthday shopping for The Professor, Mom, Li'l Sis and The Favorite.
At the bus stop I had to wait for the 10 Townsend a while, but that was fine because I saw Ramon and we caught up with each other while waiting.
He is doing well, looks happier too, and was in a great mood.

After a sort-of successful downtown trip, I waited for the 38 Geary at Powell and Geary.
A familiar-looking woman walked up to the stop, and for a moment I couldn't figure out who it was. She rummaged in her pocket and came a little closer. It was Carmen!
"Hola, Carmita," I said.
She looked up, saw me and started laughing. We said in unison, "What are you doing here?"
She had come downtown to pick up some keys from her husband, who is a cable car operator.
I told her of my shopping exploits.
We had a nice ride on the 38 Limited together.
The ride went quickly, with the two of us chattering away like crazies in the back of the bus.
For the first time in our commute history, she pulled the signaller for me and I got out first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home