Saturday, December 22, 2007

Bus Report #280

As seen on the bus yesterday:
Two people wearing real eye patches, one over the left eye who got on at McAllister and one who got on at Guerrero with a patch over the right eye.
A boy reading an electronic book (It had a leather case but it was a tablet style computery thing).
A woman knitting.
A woman with five rolls of holiday wrapping paper in a torn paper shopping bag.
A man reading a small hardcover book called, 'What Do Gay Men Want?'.
The man who looks familiar from the back.

Today while out and about in the neighborhood I saw a couple of kids I know from the 38, and while standing in line in Ross I saw a familiar smiling face about ten people ahead of me.
"Hey, Carmen," I called from the back of the line. She looked up, saw me, and waved.
"Well hello," she said. "I was just wondering how you were."
We couldn't really talk (shout) to each other in the line because the store was too crowded. I shrugged my shoulders and told her, "Well, happy holidays, we'll talk soon on the bus."
She nodded.
A few minutes later, as the line moved, I lost sight of her.
I was staring at a hideous Christmas-themed wicker basket when I felt someone brush against me. I looked over and saw that it was Carmen, arms full of packages.
She gave me a hug and wished me a happy holiday.
I told her I'd see her next week. She left, to go have dinner with her family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home