Monday, September 01, 2008

Bus Report #362

J was in town for part of Labor Day weekend.
On the actual holiday we got invited to a boat club down near the ball park.
So began our MUNI adventure.
We hopped on a 38 and cruised downtown.
I pointed out some of my favorite storefronts and odd signs.
Downtown we tried to find the 10 Townsend stop heading towards Potrero Hill. I usually only take it in the opposite direction, so I had only a vague idea of where we needed to go.
We found the stop, on an island underneath the transbay terminal.
Creepy, anyone?
Yes, even in the middle of the day.
We waited a few minutes for the bus, then got on.
J marveled at how much SOMA has changed since she lived here. And it was true... Its really changed in the past few years.
We got out on 2nd Street and walked past the ballpark and all the way down the vacant, quiet streets near the water.
The quiet unnerved this city girl.
We found the boat house and had a great afternoon in the sun with old and new friends.
When it was time to go, we walked towards The Ramp and Kelly's, since I had an idea that we could catch a 22 down there.
We caught the 22 at Third and 20th.
The neighborhood was so empty and quiet, I got nervous again. We passed the Teacher's Pet's place, my office, Thee Parkside.
It was a good ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home