Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bus Report #368

Today I overslept by almost two hours.
I hurried through my morning routine (put my lenses in the wrong eyes, awesome) and ran out to catch the bus.

Observations:
Wow, it's sunny out at 8:30 AM.
Where did all these people come from?

There were a lot of people on my 38 Geary and they were all strangers to me. It felt very odd to not see a single familiar face.
At Fillmore I waited for the 22 with more people than I am used to. The driver was a new one (to me) and he didn't smile or say anything when I said 'good morning' to him.
I sat down next to a guy who was studying flash cards with science-y stuff written on them.
A man with an orange hat, purple jacket and huge, bright green duffel bag shoved past a woman wearing a plaid shirt and huge, white bug sunglasses. She sucked her teeth at him after he shot her a dirty look.
A couple sat in front of me. The man kept mashing his fat fingers against his girlfriend/wife's face. It was disgusting, somehow.

My 22 sped down 16th street and I was at work another 5 minutes later.
What a morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had a strange morning too. I tried to get to work early but missed the 8:20 31BX by 30 seconds. I started walking down to 9th and Geary to get on the 8:30 38BX because it gets downtown a little faster than my normal 8:30 31BX.

On the way to Geary, my usual bus driver saw me crossing the street at Anza as he was driving towards the first stop. "What are you doing?"

BUSTED! "Oh, hey! I'm heading to the 38 because I missed the other 31 and need to get to work a little early today."

I totally got that feeling you get when you go to a different hairdresser, you know, that cheating feeling.

"I see what you're doing, taking another bus! Get in! Hopefully the traffic on Bush won't be too bad. We'll get you there in time!"

I got in and the bus driver goes, "Look you can pick your favorite seat on the bus!"

It was kind of exciting to have Muni pick up service and be the first one on.

Best part was we got to downtown at 8:57, enough time for me to grab an iced tea and be my usual five minutes late. Solid.

Happy Thursday Rachel!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Wow, what a great morning you had, Kathleen!
I love those drivers who go a little out of their way for regular commuters. It really makes you feel good, doesn't it?
Super sweet. Hope it made your day fanfreakintastic.
Have a good rest of the week!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home