Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Bus Report #441

Yesterday afternoon on the 22 Fillmore:
Three early-teenaged girls (13? 14? Definitely no older than 15) stood right behind me, clustered around a seat and the pole next to it.
One girl had braces, one had a tight pony tail, and the third girl had a huge smile. They chatted loudly, but it wasn't annoying, it was actually kind of sweet.

Pony tail: My mom is turning 32 this year.
Braces: Oh yeah? I think mine is like, 33. I love that bitch. That woman. I love her.
Smiley: My mom's 40. Her birthday's in November.

A 20-something guy got out of the bus and walked off down the street. The girls watched him go.

Smiley: I like a guy with big eyelashes.
Pony tail: Really?
Smiley: Yeah. Not like, not like HUGE eyelashes but you know, I think it looks good.
She paused, then exclaimed to Braces: Ohmigod!I totally forgot you have braces. I just didn't remember.
Braces: Really?
Pony tail: I can't imagine kissing a boy with braces. Because, what if I cut my tongue on his braces?
Smiley: You just don't, like, put your tongue in. Or you do it carefully.
Pony tail: I heard that if you have braces and you kiss a boy with braces, your braces can get stuck.
Braces: That would be scary, but like really funny too.

2 Comments:

Blogger tangobaby said...

Oh wow. How did you listen to this and keep a straight face?

10:07 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Easy, I didn't! By the time they had the conversations they were standing behind me, so I could grin all I wanted!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home