Thursday, July 09, 2009

Bus Report #435

I was on a 22 last week and when we stopped at 16th and Mission I caught a glimpse of a familiar person, walking away from me but still very recognizable from the back: British Look Guy. He has a very unique style of walking (as you may recall). I was glad to see him, and know that he is still around.

I've noticed a lot more people in wheelchairs on the bus lately, along with many other people who require the lift. I don't know if it's related to summer, or something else. No idea. It's interesting, though. The rest of the passengers in the front of the bus have managed to vacate the front seats quickly, or help the person flip the seats up, or helped with the brakes or seat belt. It restores my faith in people a little bit.

Last night I was on a 22, sitting in the back of the bus, and I saw a woman who looked like Carmen get on and sit a few rows ahead of me. She turned around and it was Carmen, home from work later than usual. I moved up to sit with her and we spent the rest of the commute chatting and catching up on things after a couple of months of not being on the same morning bus. It was lovely.

2 Comments:

Blogger tangobaby said...

I am a little envious of your regular routine... I miss seeing some of my N people because I'm not commuting right now. That familiar feeling is a sweet thing.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

There's definitely something comforting about seeing the same folks all the time on Muni... When I ride my lines at different times it sometimes feels strange not to see anyone I know, or at least, know of.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home