Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Bus Report #433

Random bus bullets (of the non-harmful kind):

I've sat next to the catfish face man two mornings in a row. He doesn't like to cede any part of the seat to me, and seems to get testy if I try to reclaim what is mine.

The 80s woman was on my 22 this morning. I always wonder if she had some sort of mental break in 1984 that led to her still wearing the same clothes she wore back then. She is all about the high tops, shoulder pads, puffy ski jackets and bunchy socks over leggings. That, and she talks to herself.

Seen on my bus yesterday afternoon: A very chatty junkie in a T-shirt that was mostly holes talking about international travel with a German-American business woman on the 38. She tried to break free of their conversation but there was no escape. I felt bad for her.

On the same 38, a man with a tattoo of the periodic table of the elements symbol for silver, Ag, tattooed on his forearm.
Cool tattoo. Reminded me of cramming for chemistry tests with M. and N. back in high school, and the memory tricks we used to remember each symbol.

Girl with button that read: I love you more than bacon.

This morning: People trying to pay their cash fares, not realizing the fares are now $2.00 each. Lots of searching for change and smoothing out dollar bills.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

This is such a great blog! I'm sorry I didn't find it earlier. Last year, I commuted from the Civic Center BART to Hayes St. via the Muni 21. It was a glorious ride, save the few times I arrived late and the little digital monitor told me that my bus would not come for another hour. So I would walk the 1.5 miles, fuming at MUNI the whole way. Fond memories, all!

2:18 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks, Stephanie!
Sounds like a good commute gone bad for you...

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home