Monday, December 21, 2009

Bus Report #478

Ah, the week before Christmas, when the buses are empty and quiet and almost a joy to ride.
Except this morning on the 22, when I unfortunately sat down in a window seat next to a very greasy, smelly, horrifically nasty, probably recently vacated by someone from a nightmare seat.
It took a few minutes for me to notice how gross it was. I opened several windows but it didn't help. I looked around to see who smelled so bad, but there was no one nearby.
Finally, I moved to sit behind a girl in matching white bulky knit hat and scarf, who held a steaming cup of coffee in her hands. The wisps of steam wafted back towards me and her coffee smelled much, much better than the bus did.

Unrelated - Check out the group photo exhibit at Blush by the CALIBER folks. I went Thursday night to say hi and check out the art. I plan to go again when it's less crowded to take some more time to look at their great photos. Great show, guys. Nice to meet those of you I haven't met before.

2 Comments:

Blogger tangobaby said...

Thank you for coming to see our show! I appreciated your visit and it was fun to see you again. ;-)

9:26 AM  
Anonymous WV - Mike said...

Hi Rachel,
Glad you enjoyed my "Ridin' the 22" pics at http://www.munidiaries.com/2009/12/23/ridin-the-22/
.
I have been reading your Muni diary at http://fogcitynotes.blogspot.com/
Lots of fun.
You are prolific!
seeya,
-Mike
http://epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home