Saturday, November 06, 2010

I Live Here: SF Opening night

Last night was the opening night of Julie Michelle's I Live Here: SF retrospective at SOMArts. It was a beautiful night, and if anyone hasn't seen the show yet, it is well worth it.
T. and K. met me at the show (K. and I having taken the 10 Townsend from downtown).
It was great to see everyone at the show who I already knew. Julie, you know such lovely people! We spent the night admiring the exhibit and the Muni bus shelter that housed Silvi from the Poetry Store.
I finally had a chance to properly meet J.M. from A Beast in a Jungle. It was lovely to meet you, sir, and chat. Let's do it again soon.
There was such a feeling of city pride in the gallery last night. I can't think of a better way to pay homage to San Francisco. Thanks, Julie, for putting together such a fabulous show!

Afterwards, T., K. and I walked to 16th and Potrero to catch the 9 San Bruno and the 33 Stanyan. The 33 slowly wound its way up towards the Haight.
The couple sitting behind me were talking a mile a minute in Spanish.
A beautiful, tall deaf girl got on the bus. The driver showed her how to feed her money into the fare box. She signed 'thank you' and went to sit down.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too enjoyed that evening. Such a nice event with nice people in a nice venue. Is that enough nice for tonight? Love the posts; loved the exhibit.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I agree! I want to go see it again.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home