Friday, April 01, 2011

Bus Report #597

This morning I said goodbye to the paper Fast Pass and joined the ranks of the Clipper carrying public. Luckily, I've got my Muni Diaries Fast Pass holder so I can fondly remember the good old days.
The 38 Geary pulled up to my stop and I got on. I had to remember not to just flip my card at the driver, but to tag it to the Clipper reader. Success! A single beep for me on my first try! I waved good morning to a couple of regulars and moved to the back of the bus to sit down.

Down on Fillmore I waited for the 22 with a tiny woman who wore an ineffectual slightly dirty mask covering her mouth and nose. I tried to stay away from her, but she decided she needed to stand right next to me.
When the bus arrived, we both got on. Another successful Clipper experience for me.
I sat behind the coffee cup girl and across from the woman who always used to stand right next to me at the bus stop.
At Mission Street the bus filled up, as it often does. There were a handful of people milling around in the plaza. A man in a wheelchair peered in through the busted open door of the public toilet, but he didn't go in.
I got out at my usual spot and went to get coffee. The sunrise was a wispy neon orange with stripes of grey blue. Walking to work I good morninged the guys at the garage, several UPS drivers and the big rig drivers parked by the brewery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home