Monday, July 29, 2024

Bus Report #1098

Every day is old home day in the city - and if you're me, someone who can't forget a name or a face.

I was walking in the park and saw a familiar figure sitting on a bench, throwing breadcrumbs to the ravens. And though I don't like people feeding birds in the park, I couldn't say anything to Terry, friend from the 33, who was relaxing on a bench feeding the three biggest birds I've seen in quite some time.

I stopped to talk (no surprise to anyone who knows me!).

She's retired now, makes crystal jewelry in her spare time. She was wearing a huge clear crystal necklace. I commented on it and she said, "thank you, honey," in her slightly southern accent. Her curly hair is completely white now, so light and fluffy and pretty. I told her she looked lovely in her green sweater and neon sneakers, a colorful summery look. 

We looked at the birds, squawking at each other and pecking at the pile of breadcrumbs.

"They're bigger than cats," I said.

Terry just smiled. "They're very, very smart, they recognize people, you know."

I nodded. "Oh yeah, they sure do."

A little more small talk and I went on my way. A smile on my face.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home