Friday, August 06, 2004

Bus Report #19

Today the (in)famous bus driver pulled up at the stop, and I got in. The bus was completely empty, and he said, "I'll give you 20 bucks if you'll drive the bus."
To which I replied, "Trust me, you don't want me driving your bus." I am not even licensed to drive a car. So a bus, which is much bigger than a car, that's a no-no.
Yet he persisted. I continued to decline. I had my own private bus for 3 blocks and then some people got on. The mean face lady, some students at AI San Francisco and some kids going to summer school.
I said hello to my favorite sweatshop lady.
Down on Market Street, they were running one of my favorite historic streetcars: it is yellow and green and shaped like a boat, and completely open on the top. they have garlands of colored lights and flags around it. It made me very happy.
A quiet day so far in Potrero Hill. Downstairs a moment ago, all the guys were sitting around the coffee cart, and when New Girl and I walked past them they looked at us guiltily. I called them on it, and G. said they'd been talking about me. Yeah, right. But they were definitely guilty about something.

I finally figured out how to play CDs on this office computer. Today I am listening to:
The Pernice Brothers, Yours, Mine and Ours
Cordero, Lamb Lost In The City
and
Julieta Venegas, Aqui

Enjoy. I know I do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel- The bus driver must figure you know the route by now. You're the best- Benjie

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home