Thursday, July 07, 2005

Bus Report #80

There are a lot of things to say this morning and I don't know where to start, so we'll start with the good:
The threatened BART strike has been averted, so thousands of commuters will no longer have any excuses for missing work this week.

The funny:
Some 22 Fillmores are wrapped in advertisements for TACA airlines. The ads feature pretty red and green macaws, but I know TACA is not all pretty birdies. It's about lost luggage and delayed flights, and people carrying to go containers of El Salvadoran fried chicken.

The bad:
I am very saddened and shocked by the London train/bus bombings this morning. It is horrible and my heart goes out to everyone who was affected by it.

It was surreal to be on MUNI this morning, a perfectly average commute (so average it doesn't merit a bus report of its own today) while listening on my walkman to reports coming from London. I was almost crying on the bus. The rest of the zombies did not seem to care at all, as far as I could tell. The teenagers laughed and punched each other. The sweatshop ladies played musical chairs.
All the while, very calm-sounding people from Scotland Yard repeated the terrible news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home