Friday, December 08, 2006

Bus Report #182

Last night I waited for the 22 at my usual stop, with the sewing ladies and the loud kids from ISA. I was spacing out when I felt someone come up behind me and start hugging me!
I turned around. It was Ramon! I haven't seen him in a month or so. We hugged, said hi, and started chattering to each other immediately. He asked if I was taking the 22. I said yes. He was, too, to return some videos at the store near Safeway.
We scored seats in the back of the bus and kept gabbing away, catching up on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's plans. Some kids got on with a boom box and started blaring some awful music, so we had to talk louder. Now everyone on that bus knows what we are up to, but that's okay.
When we got to his stop we said goodbye and he got out. I put my headphones on and listened to music the rest of the ride home.

This morning the sky was pink and peach over grey and blue. It was beautiful. It was my new favorite 38 Geary driver. She waited for me again. At Fillmore I stood with the dreadlocked dental technician and the handsome South Asian chef. Easy commute, even though the bus was crowded and I had to push my way out of it at Bryant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home