Thursday, January 03, 2008

Bus Report #285

The bus is back to normal after a couple of weeks of downtime.
I saw a good chunk of the usual folks today:
The teen, the bus flagger, the man who looks familiar from the back, the catfish face man, Carmen (who caught me up on her Christmas and New Years adventures) and the sewing ladies.

The sort of mean driver did something unusual: she let a ranting and raving homeless woman (man? It was hard to tell) on the bus and didn't throw them off even after the ranting and raving got loud and a little scary. The wo/man was wearing layers of plastic sheeting under a filthy bomber jacket and a chenille Santa hat that said 'bah humbug' on it. It was sad. S/he was clutching an empty box from a video game system and wouldn't put it down.

Saw a new F Market train down on Market Street, but I couldn’t read the sign that said where it was from. It looked old.

Last night the 38 was sardine-packed, and I had my music turned up loud so I wouldn't have to deal with anyone.
I had a fright as we passed the Edinburgh Castle: the front windows were dark and looked broken, and the place looked closed.
I was very sad to think the Castle might be closed, because I love that place. I went home and checked their website, and everything looks in order, so hopefully they just need new windows.
If anyone has any more information, please let me know.

I had to push my way out of the bus at my stop. I hate teenagers with huge backpacks who think it's a good idea to stand in the step well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

I wish that MUNI could give a citation to anyone wearing a backpack on the bus! I swear I get whacked by one just about every day.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ugh, I hear you!
That and putting wet umbrellas on the seats. Maybe we should get some official looking citation pads made up and just give them out ourselves...

8:29 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

That'd be great! Can we also add "men who sit in a seat and spread their legs/knees as wide as possible, making you fall into the aisle/crush up against the wall"? That'd make my (rainy) day!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home