Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Bus Report #287

Five commutes with Carmen, three of which also featured heavy rain. Carmen's umbrella suffered major, irreversible trauma in the wind and had to be thrown out. As for me, a little water in the old, broke down boots but otherwise I weathered the storm (so to speak) better than a lot of people.
Potrero Hill had spotty electricity last Friday, and I spent a lot of time towards the end of the work day checking online to see if I would have commute problems due to the weather. Happily, I can report that all went swimmingly and I didn't get too wet.
Update on the Edinburgh Castle: They are open, all is well, looks like they may have been re-doing their windows. Phew. I am relieved.
Last night's 38 Geary was crowded, and wet, and I ended up with wet umbrellas against my shoulder. Not okay.
The woman sitting next to me was reading a book, using a chopstick as a pointer as she read. It was weird.
When it was time to get out the bus, a knot of kids were standing in the step well and, as always happens, didn't seem at all inclined to move, so those of us who were getting out started to push them. How adult of us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcia said...

Ha, ha such "adult" behavior leaving the bus. I'm glad the Castle is still open. I know you like it.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Looks like your comments are posting the right way, finally! Well done!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home