Sunday, October 05, 2008

Bus Report #372

Friday:
I was waiting at the bus stop, staring off into space at the building that used to house Mad Dogs and Englishmen (I think this was the name... 17th and De Haro... Anyone remember if that name is right?) when suddenly a familiar face was about two inches away from mine.
It was Ramon, looking amazing as usual, designer glasses, ironed jeans, crisp white shirt (still crisp after a long day at work, how does he do it?) shined, expensive-looking leather lace-up shoes.
"Hello, long time no see," he said.
"Hey!" I said. I gave him a hug and then said, "What's going on?"
"Oh, you know, the usual," he said. Then, "I can't believe I had to miss another of your parties. I am always busy!"
"Get me your schedule for next time," I teased.
His bus came and he got on it.
"See you later," I called after him.

Saturday:
On my way to the library I noticed a ton of people getting on the bus in costumes. Too early for Halloween (well, in SF it's never too early, but you know what I mean) and at first I thought it was some sort of USF fraternity thing. As more and more people got on though, I remembered that the Love Parade was this weekend. I think. Anyway, everyone was laughing and talking and a couple girls in sequined dresses and boas were drinking out of red party cups.
My favorite costumes were:
A girl dressed as Rainbow Brite
A boy in a top hat, lots of eye makeup and glitter (Maybe going as the emcee from Cabaret? Not sure)
And a few kids dressed as hippies, but really, really clean and well groomed ones.
As I got out the bus I said (to two girls in tube tops and their male friend in a fringed suede vest) "Have a great time today."
They said, "You bet we will."

On my way home, I was on the most crowded, hottest 38L I have ever been on. Some drunk dude stood behind me and kept leaning on me. I won't lie: I kept pushing him off with my shoulders. The man to my left stood perfectly still, stoic.
The woman to my right had a hard to decipher neck tattoo and was reading a book that looked interesting. I wish I remembered what it was called.
We eventually got moving and luckily the drunk guy got out at the next stop.
I managed to get a seat.
The bus started to thin out.
Across from me, two of the stockboys (well, they were my age so what, stockmen?) from New May Wah were talking to each other in Spanish.
The woman who had been sitting next to them stood up to leave.
Oh, my.
She was wearing too-tight jeans that were still managing to hang off her ass (magic!), so the guys and I unfortunately caught a glimpse of her ass, and her extremely unflattering thong.
I turned away and winced. I just couldn't help it. The guys noticed my response. One of them started laughing uncontrollably. the other one nodded at me, in agreement. I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home