Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bus Report #390

This morning I ran for the 22 and managed to catch it.

I slid in to a seat next to someone I didn't recognize. There were a few regulars on the bus: Whitney, in a beret and sneakers, the intense girl who gets out at Treat, reading a paperback copy of Middlesex, the opera lover who only ever goes two stops and the neck tattoo lady.

A few minutes later, a bunch of high school kids got on. One of them had a pan covered with foil. End of term classroom party, I bet. I remember having those!

A youngish guy got on and flopped into the seat across from me. He was reading Ficciones, by Borges.

At Mission, a woman got on with a cat in a carrier. The cat seemed laid back in the carrier, just watching everyone. When we got to Folsom, the man with the adorable daughter/granddaughter got on. The little girl was walking today, which was cute. She had on a pink coat and pink pants. She always looks like someone takes a lot of effort getting her ready for her day of daycare or preschool, and her dad/grandpa always looks so proud of her, and doting. Her dad/grandpa picked her up and put her in his lap.
The woman with the cat saw the little girl. She smiled and slowly rotated the cat carrier so the girl could see the cat.
Suddenly, everyone in the front of the bus was smiling, watching the girl, the cat, the cat lady.

The Soccer Cafe at Folsom and 16th is now open. It looks nice, so I think you should all stop in. It's right next to the teriyaki and doughnuts place, with a big open front window and tons of seating. Check it out, then let me know how it was.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Bamberg said...

You gotta just love Muni riders.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I just love how everyone melts when they see little kids... And how they do things you just don't expect.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Soccer Cafe doesn't look like it's in a block destined for success, right next to the All-Star (i.e."Junkie") Hotel and the Appliance Ogre's Shop. My friend's have said the coffee is decent(not a coffee drinker myself) and so are the sammies. The new owners are asking for suggestions...I said a tandoori oven and a hotpot table, but I'm not holding my breath.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home