Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bus Report #445

This morning I got on a 22 with very few open seats, and ended up squished next to the catfish face man. He had no desire to slide over and make more space for me, nor did he want to fold his newspaper. That's fine. I just settled into the seat and made sure I had enough room, and let him deal with it.
Seat hoggers can buy two transfers, if they really want to sit alone.
The man across from me was taking up 2 seats, but no one wanted to deal with him anyway.
He had a large suitcase and a duffel bag, and a plastic bag on his lap from which he kept taking out a Walkman, which he would then blow on several times and put away. He would wave his hands back and forth like a conductor any time anyone signaled for a stop.
I was listening to the radio but could hear snatches of his yelled and muttered rantings.
"Crack.....sucking dick.....motherfuckers...." were the choicest of his words.
Nice.
The man sitting in front of me was talking to himself, too. Was it the time of day? The demographic of 22 Fillmore riders? I was at a loss. I got out at my usual stop and went for my coffee, then walked the rest of the way to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home