Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Hummingbirds

I was wearing this necklace I have that has a hummingbird on it, and when I went for a coffee at Atlas on Sunday afternoon, the girl behind the counter smiled and said, "I like your necklace."
Here's a transcript of the rest of our conversation:
Rachel: Thanks.
Girl: I love Hummingbirds.
R: Me, too.
G: I found a dead one once right in the middle of the sidewalk.
R: That's so sad.
G: Yeah, it looked fine, just dead, like natural causes and stuff. So I took it home and put it in my freezer.
R: What were you going to do with it? Taxidermy?
G: Yeah, maybe, but I didn't do anything with it and it got frostbitten so I had to get rid of it. Buried it outside.

Frostbitten hummingbird. What an image.

2 Comments:

Blogger Squirll said...

dead hummingbirds are very tragic. sad cause they are so tiny, but its not until they stop moving do you realize how really pretty and green they are. atleast the ones here are green.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Squirll said...

dead hummingbirds are very tragic. sad cause they are so tiny, but its not until they stop moving do you realize how really pretty and green they are. atleast the ones here are green.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home