Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Bus Report #47

And now, for something a little different.

I was in LA this weekend and had the opportunity (Yes, I look at it as an opportunity) to explore the LA Metro system.
I was struck by how clean and nice the LA Metro was. Also, it was not crowded. You need to buy a transfer each time you go into the Metro. No buying 2 and using one on the way back. Oh, No. That would make sense, and we know that there is usually something nonsensical about even the best public transit systems.
The Metro unfortunately only services a tiny fraction of the city of LA.
However, this worked in my favor. I was able to take it from the Professor's swank apartment to the MOCA, from Hollywood/Highlands to Los Feliz and back to the Professor's place.
I was fascinated by the myriad bus lines that seem to be everywhere. No one I talked to had ever taken any of them, though. And the Professor says that each part of the city has it's own bus system, and that there are places where they intersect. Seems like a mess to me.
MUNI sweet MUNI, I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

technically, no. though I DO mention that there are buses in LA.
but thanks for pointing it out, bud.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

that's ok! i didn't take or mean any offense.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home