Friday, November 18, 2005

Bus Report #114

When bus life and real life intersect, it's kind of weird.
I was in the Potrero Safeway with Cool Co-Worker K. (henceforth known as CCK) and the guy in line behind us was wearing a T-shirt that said: Certified Mass-hole. It had a drawing of the fine state of Massachusetts on it.
I smiled at him and said, "I'm a Mass-hole too."

And then I realized he rides the 22 with me most mornings. He gets on at Haight and usually has a skateboard with him. He always looks sleepy and a little confused. Wears sweatshirts that zip up the front and gigantic sneakers in awful colors.

He smiled back and said, "Which part?"
"Brookline."
"Oh, I know where that is. I'm from Worcester."
I pointed at his shirt, over to the western part of the state. "I went to school over here," I said.
"Amherst?"
"Yep."
We segued into a discussion about the Red Sox and the Patties.
The bagger said, "You all know Billerica?"
The guy and I said, "Sure," in unison.
"I used to work out there," said the bagger.
CCK and I left, but not before I said, "goodbye, see you around," to my fellow Mass-hole.
I thought I'd see him on the bus today, but I caught a later bus and it was a different set of passengers completely.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, CCK sounds really cool. I bet she bakes too, huh?

3:10 PM  
Blogger Grrg said...

I feel like I should make some disparaging comment about the Lord Jeffs, but I can't work up the energy to care...

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home