Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Bus Report #256

Last night I waited 30 minutes for a 28 bus down on Lombard Street.
While I waited, there were 4 22 Fillmores I could have caught.
But no, I waited, working on the assumption that taking the 28 would get me home faster.
I don't think I'll test this out again next week.

This morning I had a pleasant surprise on the 22 Fillmore.
Carmen was sitting in the back, and she had saved me a seat. We chatted and caught up, and then she rummaged in her bag and took out a small wrapped package.
"It's just a little souvenir from my last trip home," she said. "I didn't know if I would see you so I've been carrying it around for a while."
I was so surprised! I unwrapped my present. It was a beautiful ceramic container with a sunburst on the top. I thanked her profusely and gave her a hug.

At my stop I got out of the bus, walking a few feet behind the man who looks familiar from the front and back. I expected him to cross the street with me but he turned and went in the opposite direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home